MENTORING YOUNG FILMMAKERS
Film School introduces young people to the key areas of filmmaking, helping them to make their own films, develop their talent and give them a real insight into working in the creative industries.
Through Film School young people will get a chance to explore:
– creative development – ideas, treatment, script, storyboard, design, pitching;
– pre-production – scheduling, shot list, locations, casting, crew and kit, release forms;
– production – directing, camera, sound, wardrobe and props, hair and make-up;
– post-production – editing, music and sound effects, colour grading, titles, trailer;
– distribution – screening, film festivals, social media, publicity.
YOUNG FILMMAKERS COMPETITION
For the past three years I’ve worked for Spark! London – supported by the SKY Academy and The Borough of Hounslow – on an extensive, filmmaking competition for 16 and 17 year olds.
The aim is to mentor young filmmakers in the area, over an eight month period, helping them to make a broadcast quality short film which is screened in a local cinema and entered into film festivals. Trouble – the winning film in 2014 – was screened at The Hackney Picturehouse, as part of The London Short Film Festival. It was also accepted into three other film festivals.